Friday, January 4, 2008

The day before the big trip

So my trip to New Zealand has been so very distant this whole semester until NOW. As I was attempting to pack for the billionth time I called Air New Zealand with some luggage regulations questions. Hearing the accent on the other line was like music to my ears. I am one lucky girl to have this oppurtunity. My bags are packed and waiting by the door!
I have 3 important goals while I am in New Zealand, Fiji, and Australia. 1. Learn to serve the people around me. I am confident that my trip will be made worth while through serving. I have a unique oppurtunity to represent my school, my church, and my profession.
2. Become a better teacher. In light of New Zealand's amazing literacy teaching methods and litearcy rate I feel that I can learn so much from the public shcool I will be teaching in. I am excited to embrace the differences and acquire new teaching methods to carry with me through my teaching career.
3. Learn to appreciate a new culture and people. I think I can only strengthen my testimony and grow as a person if I immerse myself in a culture different from my own.

2 comments:

amberdawn said...

Oh mannnnnn!! That picture on the background of your blog is just a dream come true. I wish I could be there!! Your goals are awesome and if I can add one more for you, it would be to laugh and smile your way through. That's what I would be doing if I were there, so do it for me! I will miss you so much. I am so glad for this past semester. You are one amazing girl and I love you so much! Have fun and remember to keep me updated!

Brad said...

Larissa, you are the most upbeat, nicest, coolest person I know. Seriously, me, Jesse, Amber, Paul, Patrice, and Sydney are going to miss you while your gone. Good luck! You'll do fine.