Saturday, March 8, 2008

Another Best Week Ever in Auckland











Kia Ora




I've had many extraordinary weeks here in Auckland but I'd venture to say that this one was one of the best for me! At Colwill this week I had an oppurtunity to be the teacher all day! I was so nervous but of course it went fine and I learned alot from the experience. Morning tea was extra good this week-with carrot cake, chocolate cake, and of course, Milo. mmmm.




On Friday morning I had breakfast at sunrise with Jason, Daniel, and Val. I will not forget the vivid colors, good breakfast, and good company of that day. The same day we went 4 wheeling along the beach. We ended the day with a sunset at One Tree Hill.




Pacifica festival was also a highlight! It's a giant festival of the many island cultures in the Pacific. There was food, dancing, and crafts from countries like Fiji, Tuvala, Tahiti, Cook Islands, Tonga, Samoa, etc.... I ate ice cream out of a pineapple and the best part....CHOP SUEY!! I'm the biggest fan of chop suey. I loved it because I've never been exposed to any of those cultures before! Can I please never come home????




1 comment:

Kimberlee said...

Looks like fun! Oh, too bad North Carolina beat DUKE!! Larissa Please Return! You better come home on April 15th!