Saturday, April 12, 2008

BULA from FIJI



Bula


Okay, think of any tropical calendar or picture you've ever seen in your life....that is what I'm experiencing right now. Fiji is picture perfect in every single way. The palm trees lean out over the white sand and the water is a perfect green turquoise color. It's been raining alot over the past few days but I haven't let that put a damper on my fiji experience. The rain is warm here and you can still be outside and not get cold at all. Yesterday we drove into Suva, the capitol, to experience the produce markets and handicraft markets. I appreciated the experience because it took me out of my comfort zone and into a way of life different from my own. The Fijiian people are friendly and hard working. I feel like I experienced the real Fiji, not the resort touristy fiji! We hiked to a waterfall yesterday which gave the feeling that I had stepped out of the world for a little while. I can't think of a better way to end my New Zealand experience then by stopping off in Fiji! 1 more day left in my journey, I hope it's the best day!

No comments: