Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Summer = birthdays and swimming

First and foremost, it was my mom's birthday! We celebrated with our usual traditions of birthday cake and the birthday girl picking the dinner. I am proud to say that I made my mom's birthday cake... Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting! It was a great accomplishment. Talan got a practice round of blowing out candles for his birthday next week!
Last Monday I randomly decided to get in the car and drive to Phoenix. I stayed with Moni and Kalli for a few days. We had a fantastic time catching some rays by the pool, using the diving board a large number of times, and shopping! It was a needed "get out of town" trip for me and I'm glad I went. By the way, we watched Kung Fu Panda which happened to be hilarious!
We struggled to get a shot with both of us in the air. The above image is the last of many efforts to get an action shot!!! Right after this shot was taken I landed so hard in the water I hurt my back!




2 comments:

Pobst Family said...

Oh Goodness Larissa! When are you going to jump in the car and head to California!

amberdawn said...

Lookin' good in that two piece bathing suit!!! Loving it.