I finished my last day of 1st grade on Friday. What an adventure it has been! I feel like I've learned more in the 7 weeks than I have for the last 3 years of college. I was so nervous to lead teach but the 3 weeks of lead teaching were absolutely amazing. Some of my favorite things about my 1st grade experience...
1. Miss Bratts. one boy had a lisp and always added an S to my last name. It stuck and the whole class called me Miss Bratts everyday
2. a girl wrote me a letter to tell me I have really good smelling breath
3. During a unit lesson I taught about the 3 forms of matter a boy asked.... is Heaven made of matter?
4. I asked the students whose face is on the front of a quarter.... they all answered-The Prophet!
5. one boy asked me if I was married, after I said no he thought for a while and then asked when I was going on a mission!
On Monday I start teaching in a 4th grade classroom in Orem. come 7 weeks and I will be a college graduate!! yahoo for that.
In two weeks fall break begins and I'm going to DISNEYLAND for the very first time!!! I'm considering it a reward/incentive for finishing my TWS (final unit project summarizing my teaching experience).