Friday, December 5, 2008

First week as the Teacher

Here's the thing, I love my job. Who would've thought that teaching junior and senior English a week after I graduate was an amazingly great choice for me. With just one week under my belt I feel like I've learned invaluable truths about teaching that are not fully disclosed in college. I respect my parents MUCH more, now that I know what they do day in and day out so that I could graduate too.
I also need to brag about teaching in the fantastic city of Winslow. I am supported by basically the entire city and have resources galore from the many teachers that have been close friends since before I was even in school. From a teacher's perspective, I am interacting, cultivating, and learning about many culture's in the classroom setting. Also, I feel good at the end of the day for helping people. Teaching is service. Honestly, I'm much wiser and more humble post-first week of teaching down.

No comments: