Saturday, February 21, 2009

the little gem-The Little Painted Desert

There is a little gem right outside of Winslow that never fails to amaze me or anyone else that visits. This little gem is the Little Painted Desert. Jason and I packed lunches and drove out to the desert to see one of the prettiest places around. We took a risky hike along loose sandstone and cliff edges to enjoy the sand dunes up close. We got some really great shadow pictures and other candid shotes with the aid of self timer. A direct quote from Jason about the Little Painted Desert: " Vastly different from anything else I've ever seen, I felt like I was in the Sahara Desert."





2 comments:

Kjell Crowe said...

Larissa!

It's your old personal trainer, Kjell.

How are you? How was New Zealand? Obviously it turned out better than you could have imagined right? You must tell me all about it and what your doing now.

Mary B said...

I love that you packed lunches!!!

way to rock that race Larissa. .holy crap!

Sweeeeet AZ photos, I'm glad you guys had a gr8 time. choice ;)