Saturday, March 28, 2009

the best spring break ever

What a great spring break! From engagement party to engagement pictures to getting engaged...where do I even start?? First of all I'd like to give a shout out the below box of
Bix. I sure do love that kiwi cereal. I sure do love New Zealand. I'm nervous, happy, excited, and everything else about living here for a few years while Jason finishes up school. I know it will be a great experience for us. Tonight I fly home and relive the same day twice. (we cross the international dateline) I'll be teaching tomorrow in Winslow and hopefully will get some sleep on yet another 13 hour flight to Los Angeles. You know you have done the distance thing too long when a 13 hour flight becomes a normal thing...

So we took engagement pictures at Te Arai point on Mangawhai Beach. My only requirement for engagement pictures were that the location was the beach. That come easy enough in New Zealand. The pictures below are some of the pictures we took...



Jason looks grouchy in this picture.














The reason we were cracking up in this one is because Jason started quoting that "kittens, inspired by kittens" clip on youtube. "I'm her mom...no she's not." That clip gets me every time.



I am excited to turn into a rugby fanatic like Jason. He can't get enough of the stuff.

4 comments:

Jeff and Whitney said...

oh taking engagement pictures is so fun! You guys are really cute together. Seriously though...you put the whole long-distance thing into a whole new category! Bet you can't wait til you're done!

Mallory Jo Searle said...

Oh how I miss WEET BIX!!! I ate some when we were in London and loved every bite. You look gorgeous and the pictures turned out really good!!!! SO excited for you! Now that you'll be living there for a while, maybe you can crack some of our NZ mysteries (hot cross buns, milo, etc.)!!!

amber said...

Oh. MY. GOSH.!!!!!!!!!!!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!! Due to that fact that we are too poor for internet, I only get to read up on everybody's lives ever week or so. Let's just say that I had a lot of catching up to do!! I am so dang excited for you and New Zealand boy! Jason is so cute and I can't wait for you guys to get married and for you to move to New Zealand! What an awesome adventure. I always knew that you would do some amazingly cool things with your life! Your ring is gorgeous, and your engagement pictures are fabulous. I can't wait to get an invite!! I love you to death. I am so happy for you!

Kim said...

ohio state football is better than rugby. love the pics!