Monday, March 23, 2009

I have some news...



It's official, it's legit, I'm gettin hitched!
Jason proposed shortly after I arrived in Auckland for my whirlwind spring break tour. He tried to do it super romantically and drive to one of the many amazing beaches in New Zealand. However, due to my incohernece and fatigue after a 13 hour flight I just wanted to sleep. After I woke up from a much needed rest he got down on his knee and "popped the question." I'm pretty sure I made him wait on his knee for a fair amount of time but I said yes so that's all that matters.
My spring break has been such an eventful trip. Getting engaged is an exciting thing... it's one of those things where you always wish it was you but it never actually is...Well, it's my turn.
I'm so grateful for the way Jason loves me. I find so much comfort in finding my very best friend and knowing how much he cares for me. I am a lucky girl.
We're working on the details now of the upcoming wedding. This much I do know... july, snowflake temple, the man of my dreams, for time and all eternity, an amazing engagement ring/wedding ring, and so much more!!
We're having an engagement party in New Zealand this weekend right before I head back to the States. I'm excited for that event so that I can expeirence more of the New Zealand culture that I love.

8 comments:

Brittany said...

I am so happy for you! Can't wait to hear all of the details! Love you!

Kerri said...

yea! i'm so happy for you! the ring is beautiful! i love it. July you say, how about June so I can come? cool that you caught a shark, i love your face! i also love that you out fished your future hubby. ah the great joys in life. hey, next time you fly a day to see your lover, why not stop by and pick me up to go with you!?!

Katie Petersen said...

WHAT!!!! I can't believe that! I am a little late apparently. I am so so happy for you. Where are y'all going to live? I hope I can come to your wedding but I might be in New York. I am seriously so excited for you. MArried life is the best. Congrats girl! I think it would have been a little bit cooler if you were wearing the lees when you got engaged. JK. I think McKenna has them.

Jeff and Whitney said...

Oh my goodness!! How exciting!! Congratulations. I am so excited you found your best friend! I love how life works out that way. Love seeing you that happy.

Andrew & Elise said...

I'm so happy for you!! You're gorgeous, your ring is gorgeous, New Zealand is gorgeous - what a life. I can't wait to hear more details as they come. Do you know where you're gonna live? I'm so excited for you guys!

Omniglot said...

Larz, It's an awesome ring. Jason, you're a stud. I'm happy for both of you. Let us know the date ASAP. We wanna be there (if there's room, of course)

Melissa and Travis said...

WOOHOO!!! I'm so happy for you! :) :) :)
That ring is beautiful. I love it!!
Gosh i'm so excited for you!!
Congratulations Larissa!!
Love ya!

Christi Pobst said...

I'm so excited! So is my MOM! My vote is the beginning of July. I will be 8 months pregnant but you want to see me HUGE right?

Congrats! You are awesome it is going to be such a special day!