Monday, March 16, 2009

What's your Scar Story?


This week my kids are working on a writing assignment that has them elaborate on a scar they have. It's always fun to share scar stories for several reasons....

1. there is ALWAYS a good story with it
2. there is always the person that has 80 million scars
3. there is some sort of pride associated with scars


Here's my best scar story in a nutshell...
After having ankle surgery due to a "ankle crushing" accident I have a 7 inch scar down my leg, a fracture blister, and a 3 inch scar on the other side of the leg. They have served as a great conversation starter while wearing shorts and skirts because they are clearly visible.
Okay, it's your turn. I know you have a scar story too. Post your story!!!

5 comments:

ssjace16 said...

Okay so i have a lot of scars... I don't know if you knew that but there are a few. I have two I can share, okay so the first one I smashed a window with my fist when I was like 11. now i have a 1 and a half inch scar on my left forearm... very cool. The second was recently when I was chopping up bell peppers, i sliced off the tip of my thumb, it bled for days and now its a funny shape!!! Do you remember this one??? good times ;)

Kim said...

I have a scar on my left hand/wrist. I was playing capture the flag with my jr. high students on an honor society trip and I ran into a barbed wire fence. I like your cankle scar.

amber said...

Remember how I went wakeboarding and cut my head open with the side of my wakeboard doing a jump? And then after six staples, I went out on the water five days later and cut the other side of my head open and left the hospital with 13 stitches? What a week! I now have a helmet. It has saved me from more than a few more scars!!

Christie said...

kankle is spelt with k kimmie! I have a C on the bottom of my foot from kicking over a glass at dennis and stephanies house

Bryan and Jamie said...

okay, so I was checking out your blog and I have a scar story too!
Mine is because i can't seem to walk in a straight line... I was jogging last summer and tripped over, uh, well, nothing but my own two feet and fell down and I have a 2 inch scar in my right shoulder, a 3 inch scar on my right hip and a very faint scar on my right leg, all from falling down. (how embarrasing huh!)