Friday, May 15, 2009

Meteor Crater Field Trip





I took my junior English classes on a field trip to Meteor Crater today!!
Because I was a tour guide there for two years I knew the field trip was feasible, convenient, inexpensive, and awesomeness in our own backyard.
None of my students had ever visited the crater so that made it even better.
We've been studying the 7 natural wonders of the world this week. Meteor Crater happens to appear on most versions of the list so it totally ties in with the course curriculum. I wish we could visit all the 7 wonders as a class. We were all in agreeance that our next stop should be Victoria Falls, Africa!!

Visiting the 7 natural wonders is on my bucket list that's all I gotta say.

I just need to brag about my class quickly. They are a group of hard working and positive kids. Each of them deals with so much on their plates and they come to school and get the work done everyday. They've come far since I first showed up in November. They've taught me more about teaching than I could ever teach them. I am proud of their accomplishments and I'm so glad I got to be a small part of their high school experience.

3 comments:

{kim} said...

They are lucky to have you. Too bad you are leaving :-(

Katie Petersen said...

That sounds like an awesome field trip. I am glad you have loved your teaching experience. I bet they are sad to see you go.

Your future husband said...

Wow it looks like you really had a great time. Whats really funny is when you're not dressed as a teacher you don't look much different from your students...