Wednesday, June 17, 2009

the bridal shower

Bridal showers are so fun. I love going to them-I love picking gifts for them-it's just fun. Yesterday was my bridal shower and it proved to be out of this world.
We played a New Zealand word game which was actually quite hard. I was proud of the words I did get right. It was fun for everyone to see some of the
very, very different lingo that NZ has as
compared to home sweet home.
For example: diaper=nappy torch=flashlight
togs=swimsuit
My mom and Kimmy made a bride matching game. If you made a match then you won the
corresponding candy bar. For example Groom=Big Hunk
There was also a "Does the Bride know
the Groom" game too. They pre-interviewed Jason to find out the answers to the questions. Out of 20 questions.... I got 10 right! Some of them were super hard. The funniest question was about our first kiss. He tells the story that he planted one on me right then and there at the doorstep after a date. I tell the story that he walked me to the door and he says... I quote "I would kiss your right now but Dan is in the car." My response... I don't care. and there you have it our first kiss. For getting 10 questions wrong I had to chew 10 pieces of bubblegum. Now that was a struggle as seen in picture below.
And last but not least, the presents. Now I was a little nervous for what I was about to open. By looking at the leopard print bags, and other subtle hints I knew I was in for a treat. My sisters
are hilarious that's all I can say. Christie bought me Sundae Toppings, except I don't think that was the intended purpose for the whip cream and chocolate. Kimmy bought candles, a fake Kenny G CD and some KY. Moni bought me thigh high stalkings and a very nice lacy, strappy black and
purple lingere suit thingy. There were so many awesome gifts. I'm so grateful for all the fun
things I got! {including make up essentials and Victorias Secret/bath and body scents, smells, lotions, and mists}
I hope everyone had as much fun as I did. Thank you Thank you for everyone that took time to come out ! The bridal shower makes me even more excited to make this official. Let's get this show on the road!!

4 comments:

Kerri said...

fun fun fun! I'm sad we never met up. Glad you're getting excited and doing all the fun stuff that goes along with getting married.

{kim} said...

Glad you had as much fun as I did. You were a good sport. And, thanks for trying on your lingerie for us-that was a special treat.

amber said...

Seriously!! Let's do that! I hope I get an announcement!

Jeff and Whitney said...

oh my gosh, hilarious. Glad you had fun!