Thursday, June 4, 2009

rings are not for trash cans

Here is my freak out of the day...I lost my engagement ring for about two hours today. You know the feeling when you have to speak in front of a large crowd, or the feeling right before you jump off a building, or the feeling after you drop a glass plate or something?  Yeah times that feeling by a billion and that's how I felt. I was on the verge of having a coronary
 Anywho, I took my ring off to take a shower and thought I had put it back on.  A few hours later I realized that it wasn't actually on my finger.   I'll cut it short and just tell you that the ring was in the bottom of the trash can. I don't know how it got there or who is responsible.  All you need to know is that my lesson on special rings was learned today.  I will never ever take it off again.  
In other news, school has ended, summer is here and all I do now is run, workout, plan a wedding, and try and figure out how to move all my stuff to New Zealand. Honestly, those are the thoughts that encompass my head.  Oh yeah, and the City Softball League is back in action so that fills up my Tuesday and Thursday nights.  
Now that school has ended I'm missing my man more than ever. Who would've thought that 3 months apart could be like a decade apart?  We are in the homestretch!!
And last but not least is this awesome picture below.  This giant prickly pear cactus sits in my backyard. Random, but I thought it was cool enough to show you.  

5 comments:

Patrice said...

That feeling sucks! And I have a little recommendation: Find a small jewelry box (one that can basically fit only a ring or one necklace) and keep it on the vanity in the bathroom. I used to put my ring next to the sink and I realized that probably wasn't the best idea, so I found a small box and whenever I take it off I ALWAYS put it in there. Even if it's not when I'm showering (cleaning, putting lotion on, etc). I sometimes forget to put it on afterwards but this way I know that the only place I would ever put it is in the box. It may save you an ulcer one day.

Your future husband said...

okay and now im going to quote the great Larissa Bratt... "YOU'RE RIDICULOUS!" Thats so funny, Im glad you found it lets hope you never lose it again

{kim} said...

Love that pic of the lady! I never take my ring off so I don't have to worry about things like that.

amber said...

That is one of the worst feelings in the whole world. I am so glad that you found it. Hang in there- you are almost to your wedding date. Then you get to see him everyday and married life is just the best thing ever, next to ice cream that is!

Jeff and Whitney said...

Oh my gosh! I did a similar thing one day and just about lost it! I agree with Patrice on the jewelry box idea, that is what I do too! I can't believe there is only a month left. It really will come fast than you think and then you've got forever! YES!