Thursday, July 30, 2009
Welcome To Our Life
1. We're Home-Finally. Can I just say how good it feels to be home with my husband. How did I ever go through life without someone to sleep next to?? Moving into our teeny tiny, Euro style apartment was such a huge thing.I might add that it wasn't possible without the help of Jason's family. We were completely set up with everything from furniture to ramen noodles. For that, we are grateful!
2. I legit live in New Zealand. It's not so foreign and weird to me anymore. The "wrong" side of the road is now normal. I am still such a sucker for the accent though. I love it way too much. This place is special. It's such a friendly place. I wish every busy and stressed out American could see how kiwis conduct themselves. There's something to learn from it. Today at work I heard the classic Standing on the Corner song. I'm not going to lie, I had tears in my eyes for a second. It's a weird feeling to know you're so far away from Arizona, family, and friends.
3. I'm married. There's some major sacrifices involved but let's be honest, this is the best thing that's happened to me. I'm just going to say how grateful I am for my husband. He's amazing. He puts my needs above his own everyday all the time without fail. That's a blessing.
4. I'm in process of applying for residency here and applying for teaching positions as well. There is a teacher shortage here so I feel confident that I'll be in the classroom soon.
5. The Honeymoon. Rarotonga is beautiful. It's called the "jewel of the Pacific" for a reason. Mostly because it's untouched and uncommericalized. We were legit drinking coconuts that Jason had cracked and retrieved from trees. The people are beautiful and hospitable as well. and don't forget about our mini Sedona honeymoon before we left the states. I would say it's the best of both worlds, beautiful Arizona and beautiful tropical paradise.
5. I just have one request. If you actually read to the bottom of this post thanks. Thanks for staying part of my life. Keep checking here for updates about our life. Keep me posted on you because I promise I read your blog too.