Thursday, July 30, 2009

Welcome To Our Life


1. We're Home-Finally. Can I just say how good it feels to be home with my husband. How did I ever go through life without someone to sleep next to?? Moving into our teeny tiny, Euro style apartment was such a huge thing.I might add that it wasn't possible without the help of Jason's family. We were completely set up with everything from furniture to ramen noodles. For that, we are grateful!
2. I legit live in New Zealand. It's not so foreign and weird to me anymore. The "wrong" side of the road is now normal. I am still such a sucker for the accent though. I love it way too much. This place is special. It's such a friendly place. I wish every busy and stressed out American could see how kiwis conduct themselves. There's something to learn from it. Today at work I heard the classic Standing on the Corner song. I'm not going to lie, I had tears in my eyes for a second. It's a weird feeling to know you're so far away from Arizona, family, and friends.
3. I'm married. There's some major sacrifices involved but let's be honest, this is the best thing that's happened to me. I'm just going to say how grateful I am for my husband. He's amazing. He puts my needs above his own everyday all the time without fail. That's a blessing.
4. I'm in process of applying for residency here and applying for teaching positions as well. There is a teacher shortage here so I feel confident that I'll be in the classroom soon.

5. The Honeymoon. Rarotonga is beautiful. It's called the "jewel of the Pacific" for a reason. Mostly because it's untouched and uncommericalized. We were legit drinking coconuts that Jason had cracked and retrieved from trees. The people are beautiful and hospitable as well. and don't forget about our mini Sedona honeymoon before we left the states. I would say it's the best of both worlds, beautiful Arizona and beautiful tropical paradise.


5. I just have one request. If you actually read to the bottom of this post thanks. Thanks for staying part of my life. Keep checking here for updates about our life. Keep me posted on you because I promise I read your blog too.

5 comments:

Kerri said...

I am oh so very happy for you! Thanks for updating your blog! I was getting a little impatient. As cool as it is to move away and experience new stuff, those tears that come will always come. After 4 years of marriage and 3 visits to AZ, I still get tears in my eyes and get homesick. I guess it's a good thing, means I came from a wonderful family and they are worth every tear. Enjoy being a newly wed, as hectic as it can be and as much adjusting as you have to do, it really is pure bliss to finally be together!

Kerri said...

edit: 4 years away, 3 years of marriage... oops

camillionaire said...

Hi Love!! Love you and Jason and New Zealand!! Hope you aren't freezing too much. I'm looking for flights don't worry!

amber said...

You are seriously like the coolest person I know! You have such an amazing life ahead of you, filled with adventures and lots of love! I am so happy for you and so jealous at the same time. How awesome would it be to spend your life in New Zealand with the man of your dreams. I hope that things go well and you find a teaching job... but I must say that kids are WAYYYYY better than a job!!! ... just sayin'! Love you!

zealandrocks said...

HI! i'm kerri's sister, idk if you remember me, but my boyfriend knows you too. Do you remember Bruce Balls?!? I read your blog all the time! I LOVE new zeland! my favorite temple is there and someday i will visit it! maybe i'll look you up =]