Sunday, August 2, 2009

The Wedding.... New Zealand Style

Kia Ora from the North Shore in Auckland! Yesterday Jason and I had our New Zealand wedding reception. The reception was held at a beautiful winery on a rainy and wintery Saturday. I got all dressed up again complete with a bouquet and the classic turquoise Indian jewelry.(lovely lady with umbrella is Carol, My NZ mom) exchanged rings for all of Jason's side to be part. The whole wedding reception thing is completely different here. There was a legit dinner with speeches and toasts. Jason's speech was amazing. I was choked up as he spoke. He actually begin to cry and it made me feel so special to know that he feels so strongly for me. My parents really made me cry with their speech. No, no they didn't make the flight over rather they wrote a speech that was read by my New Zealand mom, Carol, a person you will hear much about during my time in NZ. Thank you mom and dad for that message. Jason and I were really grateful to hear your words of encouragement and support.
Life is good on the other side of the world! Now that both weddings are over it's legit go time. By the way, we love our ward. It's huge and filled with friendly people from all over the world. Oh, and one more thing, we got called to teach Primary! Jason and I will be team teaching the 11-12 year old primary class.

5 comments:

{kim} said...

Looks fancy shmancy! A lot of people have been asking about you guys. We miss you! Good luck teaching 11-12 year olds-you guys will do great!

amber said...

What a great dinner! I am sad I couldn't make it :). And can I just say that your picture at the top of your blog suits you perfectly. Thank you for that. I left you a comment on your post below this as well... just so you know! Loves!

Katie Petersen said...

Larissa! You are so beautiful. How is New Zealand? I can't believe you are living there. I am actually not teaching at Newman. McKenna taught there last year but I didn't. I taught at a school in Provo. I will be teaching at a school in Alpine School District this year. Can't wait!

Brittany said...

Larissa! I miss you. Seeing that picture of Carol holding the umbrella over you pretty much made me cry! I love you and her so much. I miss you guys. NZ and our time there will always be so special, full of laughs and good times, as well and some sad. You know when we got in trouble for being the rebels. Love you. I want to come see you!

virginiahatch said...

what are you drinking missy??????we will miss you. . . hope you have fun in NZ!!!! ;)