Sunday, September 6, 2009

JARS goes to temple, makes pizookie, etc...

We had a really great weekend.  We went to the Hamilton temple on Saturday.  Hamilton is about a 2 hour drive from Auckland, it's a beautiful drive and a good way to get out of the big city for a day. We ran into tons of people at the temple that we both knew. It makes me feel good to know that I can go somewhere and recognize people I know in this country.   Jason and I have made it a priority to attend the temple once a month. I know that will be a source of unity and strength for us amongst the stress of everyday life.
On Saturday night Jason put our mattress in the living room so that we could have a fun movie night.  We watched Harry P. #1.  If you have never made a fort, slept in the living room, moved your mattress, etc... I highly recommend it-super fun. Notice that our mattress takes up our entire living room!
On Sunday morning we drove to Wellsford to spend Father's Day with Jason's family.  Yes, that's right Father's Day is in September here.  On Sundays we always drive to Wellsford to have dinner with his family.  Each week we take turns making dinner and dessert.  I made pizookie last time and it was a big hit. I think NZ just found a new favourite (notice the spelling) dessert.




We also walked around the town centre (notice the spelling) in Wakworth with Jason's little bro, Brendan.  The town was super suspicious because there were no people anywhere.  So weird. I rarely wear a warm enough jacket when I wear dresses so I almost always end up wearing Jason's suit coat. It look like a classic idiot-oh well.

and just for kicks here's a picture of a police man that was directing traffic. Let's be honest, I'm still a bit touristy and I get a kick out of taking pictures of things like cops driving commodores and wearing a blue outfit with a checker board hat.

3 comments:

Kerri said...

noticed the spelling. awesome that you have a temple sorta near by. loving that goal. it's been over a year since brad and i have gone together b/c of kaci, so enjoy it!

i also made a pazooki this weekend. love those things!

{kim} said...

thanks for the pics! talan likes looking at JARS with me. Good job on the pazookie-it looks impressive!

amber said...

What a favorite dessert of mine! I think I want to make one right now. And eat the whole thing myself...