Saturday, October 10, 2009

Waitekere Half Marathon...you bet your boots




Jason and I ran a half marathon today.  As I hoped, it was a sunny and warm morning-ideal actually.
The race went well.  There were tons of runners so I had to fight my way for a spot on the course.  With all that on my mind I didn't even realize when we hit the half way mark at 6.5 miles.  Jason and I ran together for the first 6 miles but I picked up the pace on a hill and didn't see him again until the end of the race.  I ran strong and I was really happy with my time and place finished.  Jason should really be the one bragging though.  He ran his first ever road race, a half marathon none-the-less.  I'm very proud of him.  Now I'm just wondering if he might beat me next time because he'll train harder the second time around. 
So what's next? I'm running another half marathon on November 1 in Auckland and both of us will be running the "Santa Run" in December. Everyone dresses up in Santa suits and runs a race downtown...keep in mind it will be summer in December!!!

AND.....it's our 3 month anniversary!  I can't think of a better way to celebrate then to run a half marathon together...actually I can think of alot of better ways but I do love to run you know. It sounds so short...3 months?....I feel like I've been married to Jason for years. I mean that in the most positive way too. I can't imagine how much of a bust it would be to not have him in my life. I'm a lucky girl.

2 comments:

Kerri said...

Way to leave your hubby in the dust ... hahahaha! I love your die hard attitude for running. I'm attempting a 5K in two weeks... I think it will kill me. 3 months already? Time flies!

amber said...

...a huge bust!! I am so jealous of you!! I want to run a marathon someday, but I should probably start with a half, huh? Maybe a 10k? 5k? Love you!