Sunday, December 13, 2009

Merry Christmas from the Summer


Checklist for a New Zealand Christmas:
  • the beach
  • Pohutukawa trees (they only bloom red right before Christmas)
  • jandals galore (American translation is flip flops)
  • summertime
Merry Christmas from very, very far away!  It's an exciting holiday for us since it's our first Christmas as our own little family,  We went all out and bought a real pine tree decked out in tons of red and gold bulbs.  We may not be building snowmen in the front yard but we will be spending plenty of time at the beach.  Sometimes I get a little sad knowing I'm not in Arizona but then I realize that I'm home no matter where in the world I live.  Just as George Strait sings, "This year for Christmas I just want to be with you."  Snowman or not, I'm with my sweetheart.  If I don't see you, Merry Christmas to you and yours.  



1 comment:

Kerri said...

I'm glad you're enjoying your Christmas so far. I remember my island days over Christmas, good times. I'm glad that Jars is a made up thing, I was feeling ridiculous for not knowing what it meant after having so many kiwi friends in Hi. Whew!