Sunday, March 28, 2010

Transplant April 7

Jason finally got a call about his transplant!  2 weeks ago he received a call that his surgery was scheduled for May 6th. When he went in for his pre-operation appointment last week the doctor decided to move up his cornea transplant to next week!!  Basically his condition has reached its worst point, the only inevitable thing left to happen is for his cornea to literally pop open.  I don't know about you  but I'm not really a fan of popping things in my eyes.  At this point, anything is better than what he sees now without his special contacts.  The doctor says that if all goes accordingly he'll have immediate improvement in vision. That's huge for someone that is used to seeing ghosting, multiple images, blur, and zero details for the past 12 years. 

3 comments:

Cheryl and Tyler said...

oh my gosh. haha Tyler and I both looked at that and was like "why is there a picture of nipples on her blog! What type of transplant is this?" but then we saw what the fine print said. Say hi to New Zealand for me! I miss it so much!

em. said...

Hey Larissa! It's Emily... of Brad and Emily. :) I'm so glad to hear things are going so well for you guys down in New Zealand. We miss you!

Omniglot said...

I will speak for myself here... I'm so glad to hear things are going so well for you guys... ;) and also, tell Jason that if he's good during the transplant, I'll buy him something special... like a cookie, or a gumball. Cheers!