Thursday, July 22, 2010

Richards Family Events + Barefoot Kiwis

The month of July has been really wonderful down here at the bottom of the world. Not because of the winter weather, but because of all the amazing family events.

First, we had a combined birthday party for the birthdays that all occurred within a 2 week span. Me, Cheyenne, Jordan, and Brendan had birthdays. We sang happy birthday 4 separate times and we had 4 separate amazing cakes. (Mine was carrot cake of course).

Background info on Jason's family: There are 6 boys and 2 girls. Of them, 4 are married and there are 7 grandkids. Do the math, that's alot of people. Think Cheaper by the Dozen. Every time we eat Sunday dinner it looks like Thanksgiving. I thought I had a big family coming from 5 but this is a whole new ball game. It's loud and fun and we love every minute of it.

Second, Kyle was baptized!! His dad baptized him just a few days after he turned 8. I spoke on the Holy Ghost and Jason conducted the program. Cheyenne, Campbell's wife also got baptized. We are so happy for them and were really grateful to be part of such a big day in their lives.



Jase, Kyle, and Damien after the baptism.












Third, Jason's sister's family was sealed in the temple for time and all eternity. The 4 boys were so precious in all their white clothing.










And last but certainly not least, here is a dose of New Zealand normalcy that remains a novelty for me.

As we drive by a fruit shop on the way home, I request for Jason to pull over and buy some kiwis, mangoes, plums, and apples. I deliberately stay in the car because I wasn't wearing shoes but then watch Jason walk right in with zero guilt to do his shopping without shoes. To top it off he is still in his suit from the temple trip mentioned above. And that my friends, is another only in New Zealand moment in my life.

Typical kiwis-Jason and Nicole (Jason's youngest sister) BAREFOOT






















If you can't beat 'em, join 'em!!

1 comment:

e.m. said...

Why don't you guys wear shoes? I love it. That is so funny. I crack up every time I think of Jason hopping out of the car barefoot in his suit. Classic.