Monday, November 22, 2010

Kerikeri 1/2 Marathon

The whole reason for our holiday was so that I could run the Kerikeri 1/2 marathon.  I've been thinking/training/anxiously awaiting this run for a very long time. Mostly I wanted to shave 10 minutes off of my previous 1/2 marathon personal best. 


I DID IT.  I ran 1 hour 39 minutes!!!!!  That is 20 minutes faster than my previous personal best.  


How did I do it?  Please see picture above of me boarding a bus from the 1960's.   


Yeah, that's the walker bus and NOT the runner bus.  I missed all of the runner's buses to the starting line and had to take the very last walker bus.  


Not only did I miss the start of my race but I missed getting my personal best time recorded on my timing chip.  Basically I was playing catch up for the entire run-which helped me keep a faster than usual pace.  It was more than a little embarrassing running back with the 99 year olds.


  I eventually caught up with the running pack and finished strong.  
.  

   - in high spirits despite being on the walker bus



2 comments:

Jason said...

SUPER PROUD OF YOU!!! You did so well I wish I could have ran it with you. Im so sick of my dang knee and all its problems!!!

{kim} said...

haha i love hearing about all your embarassing racing stories. Good job!!