Sunday, January 9, 2011

1.5 yrs








1.5 years of marriage---it really does get better and better

A friend asked me if I had always wanted to live overseas and/or marry someone from another country.  My answer was a quick, yeah right.  We all know that I am a home body.  I am the girl who was homesick for Arizona while living in Utah.  I am the girl who proclaims my love for home to anyone and everyone who will listen. I am the girl who sheds legitimate tears during the Star Spangled banner.  I am the girl who is wearing a t-shirt with a giant American flag on it right now as I type this (not kidding)!

Nevertheless, I was determined to do the New Zealand study abroad program and my life changed from the moment I set foot in this great place.   Here I am now, a married lady, waiting for my husband to get home from work.  I love this place.  It is home as much as Arizona.  

I just feel really blessed to have married such a great guy.  Along with that great guy I acquired a whole way of life, culture, and country.  Each event and holiday is extra special as we share our traditions from the USA and New Zealand.  It makes things really exciting!!  For example, Jason loved eating graham crackers for the first time and trying smores.   He was so happy about it.  I loved when Jason made a full on Kiwi sausage sizzle for a senior missionary couple from Utah a few weeks ago.  I had never tried it and I loved learning about that. 


all in all, i love him. he loves me. and we live in a beautiful place.  

and just for kicks and giggles, here are some

1 comment:

Daneille said...

Congratulations on 1.5 years! You are the best ambassador New Zealand has ever imported. I love reading your take on everything Kiwi and I am especially convinced now (after seeing all the "solid examples") that I MUST visit New Zealand someday. My son-in-law spent his mission there and also raves about it. Traveling always restores my faith in humanity and I truly believe NZ will be one of my favorite places in the world - I can't wait. They are lucky to have you as their #1 fan!
p.s. I think I met you at least once. I'm Patrice's mom.