- Auckland's population is 1.3 million people.
- Auckland was originally inhabited by the Maori people
- Auckland houses the largest Polynesian population of any city in the world.
- Auckland has two harbors on two separate major bodies of water, namely Manukau Harbour on the Tasman Sea and the Waitemata Harbour on the Pacific Ocean.
- The largest volcano located in Auckalnd is in the Rangitoto .
- As per 2006 statistics, Auckland ranked 23rd on the UBS list of the world's richest cities.
- With regard to the quality of life, Auckland currently ranks 5th amongst 218 major cities of the world.
- Auckland is commonly referred as the "City of Sails", because the harbor is flanked by hundreds of yachts and has more yachts per capita than any other city in the world.
- The Sky Tower located in Auckland is the tallest free standing structure in the entire Southern Hemisphere.
I'm a JAFA and proud of it!