Saturday, May 7, 2011

the things I never caught onto

I am pretty kiwi-fied.  However, there are a few things that I never quite caught onto.

the ultimate NZ man ride-never caught on

station wagons are cool-never caught on

pedestrians never have the right of way-never caught on

meat pies galore but virtually no dessert pies-never caught on
potatoes in some form every night-never caught on

men wearing stubbies-never caught on

All good, I love New Zealand.  The list of things I took on board is far more lengthy.
Cheers 

3 comments:

Kerri said...

so station wagons are cool in NZ too. people are all about them here too. i have to say, i want one, the trunk space and the big back seats melt my heart, but that's because i have a double stroller and car seats to cram into a car. not to mention the winter gear. station wagons are a step down from a minivan, a small family's minivan!

{kim} said...

dude, steve traded his truck for that exact car, and i traded my suv for a station wagon. it'll be like you never left NZ!

Mallory Jo Searle said...

Double your "never caught on" to the pedestrians and meat pies. Whoever thought up the concoction of mince meat needs some serious head examining. I have a feeling we would have a good time sharing fun British cultural moments.