Sunday, July 17, 2011

the garden


This is our pride and joy for the summer. My sister had vacant space in her garden so we asked if we could try our hand at gardening.  

We had fun picking out different vegetables to grow.  In the end we decided on corn, squash, red and yellow chiles, and onion.  

I am sad to report that the onions did not make it this year. 
I am happy to report that a Santa Fe yellow chile made its d├ębut today!

We danced around, hugged, and celebrated our achievement.  We didn't think the chile would make it in the windy and dry desert.  But they did!







3 comments:

Jason said...

Considering the fact that wild sunflowers decided to rain on our parade, I don't think we did too bad. We have plenty of squash growing and im sure we are going to see some corn really soon. Not bad, all things considered. We will do better next year. If a sunflower pops up we will know what to pull.

McKenna said...

This is so fabulous! I just posted about our garden accomplishments! It must be the week for gardens for sure. I love it.

LeashyLoo said...

How exciting you two!!! Yay for gardening!