Wednesday, July 6, 2011

the passing score

I have anxiously awaited this particular announcement.
I passed.

As in I passed the AEPA tests that certify me as a proficient educator in Arizona schools.
Now I can finally say out loud that I am teaching 8th grade English in my hometown. 

Let me give you some background on this sweet gig.  Many months ago I contacted my hometown school district to express interest in returning to teach there.  At that time, Jason and I had decided to move to the States.  Many things fell in place, including immigration, schooling, and job prospects.  With all of those ducks in a row, we knew it was the right time to make the move. 

This move was not easy.  We are still experiencing 88 bumps in the road per day.  As long as we are on the right track.






credit: babble.com

2 comments:

Katie Petersen said...

Congrats Larissa! That is so exciting. I hope all the bumps get smoothed out. You will be an awesome 8th grade teacher.

Mallory Jo Searle said...

Awesome poster. So excited you'll be in the classroom again! These overseas moving experiences are rough! We're definitely feeling the insane amount of bumpy roads as well! Good luck!