Sunday, August 14, 2011

the first week

I think my life just completely changed indefinitely.  The first week of school was a wake up call for me in so many ways.  
here I am, shaking in my boots for the first day


Wake up call 1:  You are an adult.  Welcome to your new life of overworking and being underpaid.

Wake up call 2:  Teaching is hard.  I have always known this in my family of teachers but now I really understand.

Wake up call 3:  Junior high kids are a whole different breed.  Hormones on feet is about the best description I have heard yet. 

Wake up call 4:  Teaching is awesome.  I love that I came home every night feeling like I accomplished something huge.

Wake up call 5:  Leave work at work.  I failed at that this week big time.  I need to find ways, somehow some way, to leave work at work and have Larissa (and Jason) time.  

Here comes week 2.  Bring it on.


1 comment:

McKenna said...

Well said. Overworked, underpaid... definitely. Totally rewarding? Without a doubt. Couldn't agree more with everything you said. By the way, do you have a cell phone yet??? We need to chat!