Thursday, October 13, 2011

the time thief

I am a time thief.  In Auckland I stole time by going to the gym at 5:30 am.  In Arizona I steal time by running with Kimmy at 5:30am.  

After making the early morning workout switch I don't think I can ever go back.  Every night I have an actual night.  As in, read my book, do lesson plans, hang out with the hubbs, and generally enjoy my productive day.  There is something rewarding about coming home after a tough run and knowing that it's only 6:15am and I have already pushed myself to achieve my goals.  The early morning schedule also allows me to squeeze in 2-a-days, which wasn't possible previous to this daily routine. 

In addition, I have come to appreciate the act of seeing a beautiful Arizona sunrise every morning during our run.  They are spectacular every single time.  

As far as the time thief thing, try it.  See how productive you become when you get up early and tackle your to-do list before the real day begins.  I tried it over 1 year ago and am still going strong. 

2 comments:

Brittany said...

I am trying so hard to get up earlier! It's tough. (Maybey because E is teething and waking up at night) I need to get up earlier though. There just isn't enough time in the day. Thanks for the inspiration!

kerri said...

i'm warning you now, when you have kids keeping you up constantly, you'll kick yourself for not sleeping when you had the chance.... :)

i like sunrises and the fresh crisp morning air, but i love sleep so much more.

run for the both of us, i could use a few miles each day to work off this baby fat, my afternoon bike rides just aren't cutting it, even with pulling a 60 lb trailer with kids.