Sunday, January 8, 2012

the normalcy

just a note to remind myself that normal life is more than just suitable and good. 


for the amount of changes of scenery, jobs, plans, and goals that we have seen in the past few years, I must say that I am perfectly happy, content, and satisfied in our current state of ducks in a row.  


sometimes I get ridiculously hungry for a brand new adventure.  once you have seen someone else's corner of the world it is terribly hard to rid the craving to see more of the world.  I scheme and dream about the next big move.  today, yesterday, and for awhile, I have found perfect satisfaction in the current normalcy. 


examples>>>  I think I am a good teacher.  That brings me so much happiness.  Think about it, I do this everyday.  I should be good at something I do everyday right?  Right.  I put my heart and soul into it actually.  You know the funny thing is that it shows.  


the normalcy of running really hard for the past 13 weeks is very close to paying off in a big way.  I run my 3rd marathon in 3 years in just 14 days.  I have big plans for a Boston qualifying time.  there were mornings when a 5 30 am run in 20 degree temperatures was not so exciting and appealing.  the background work always pays off though.  my sister and I will be flying to the sunny shores of Cali to run an ocean view marathon.  how cool is that?  we made it happen.  


is it weird that I sometimes drive down the main drag of my tiny home town and still smile about actually being here?  I really truly love where I am.  small towns rock my world.  you know this about me.  


my note today is love the normalcy.  it is cooler than you think. 


cheers

1 comment:

Jeff and Whitney said...

I thought I left a comment on this, but I guess not. So here it comes! Just wanted to thank you for the reminder to enjoy the good things in life. Your examples are perfect and show exactly how beautiful you are inside and out.