Tuesday, June 26, 2012

the runcation

What a summer.  For once in a very long time, I have just stayed home for summer.  No far off countries or cross country vacations.  Nothing but home sweet Arizona for me all summer long.
It has been so action packed and eventful that I feel like it has been going on forever, and at the same time, like it just begun.  I would say that is an indicator of a good thing. 

This is my driveway.  I have spent many miles running and biking here this summer.  As a matter of fact, I would venture to say that I have spent more time running than anything else.  Let's just call my summer break a RUNCATION.  I have purposefully upped my mileage and spent extra hours in the weight room.  You bet your boots I am taking advantage of stay-at-home-mom hours of the day.  The biggest excitement of the summer, thus far, is running a half marathon just for fun around town.  My sister was interested in running a sub 1hr 50min.  I knew I could pace her to make that happen.  We did that last Friday in 1 hr 48 min.  It was fun and if I dare say, easy.  I need another challenge.

                                                                                                                                                                                                  Mostly we spend tons of time with my nieces and nephews.  Let's be honest, they are my only friends in town.  We have sleepovers and rock hunts at my house.  I love those fools. 
can you say precious?


The other big event of the summer is the completion of my first graduate level class.  I have written more in that class than I did for the entire summation of my bachelor's degree.  What a wake up call!  I am now one step closer to my goal of becoming a school administrator.  May I add that this is me legitimately living my dream?  

There have been some big developments in our lives this summer.  We have had to make some tough decisions.  I don't think I have ever felt more like an adult.  I have also learned an important lesson about having a full plate.  You do not always have to say yes to every assignment given to you.  Sometimes you have to do what is right for the person(s) at home rather than those outside.  Lesson learned. 

In case you were curious, I have had one more teacher dream since my last post. 


In summary, if I am not occupied by graduate school or teacher dreams, then it is summer running.    


Happy Runcation!
  





No comments: