I had my traditional "How the freak do I handle all that's on my plate" breakdown last Wednesday after school. It happened last year at about the same time during the 3rd week of school.
I do kind of have a lot of things on my plate right now. Some are self inflicted while other things are life
- This year I have 4 classes with over 31 jr. high kids in one room. It's overcrowded and exhausting to teach that many jr. high kids in one room.
- This year I have over 200 students in total. In teacher talk, that is a little much.
- This year I am working on my Masters while working full time. It is difficult, at best, to turn in grad school quality work when my brain is dead from teaching all day.
- This year I am training and working out in a different way. More on that at a later date. Needless to say, it's grueling and testing me in a way that I haven't experienced in several years.
- This year I am doing more in my church calling and am finding the importance of sacrifice.
- Jason has been in New Zealand for the past week. I don't care who you are. Being away from your person for that long is a bust. Being NZ far away is double that. I hate being away from him.
Before you know it I'll be into the rhythm of the school year and won't feel so high strung (hopefully).
Until then, Cheers.