Tuesday, August 14, 2012

the breakdown

I have had to figure things out.
I had my traditional "How the freak do I handle all that's on my plate" breakdown last Wednesday after school.  It happened last year at about the same time during the 3rd week of school. 

I do kind of have a lot of things on my plate right now.  Some are self inflicted while other things are life
  • This year I have 4 classes with over 31 jr. high kids in one room.  It's overcrowded and exhausting to teach that many jr. high kids in one room.
  • This year I have over 200 students in total.  In teacher talk, that is a little much.
  • This year I am working on my Masters while working full time.  It is difficult, at best, to turn in grad school quality work when my brain is dead from teaching all day. 
  • This year I am training and working out in a different way.  More on that at a later date.  Needless to say, it's grueling and testing me in a way that I haven't experienced in several years.
  • This year I am doing more in my church calling and am finding the importance of sacrifice.
  • Jason has been in New Zealand for the past week.  I don't care who you are.  Being away from your person for that long is a bust.  Being NZ far away is double that.  I hate being away from him.
I had my little breakdown and then the next day I went to the temple.  I was able to step away from my stress and realize that I need to chill out.  I am giving my best to everything and can honestly say I am stretched as thin as I can possibly go. 

Before you know it I'll be into the rhythm of the school year and won't feel so high strung (hopefully). 

Until then, Cheers. 

1 comment:

amberdat said...

Larissa. You are a rock star times 10. Seriously. Don't let it all get to you. And if you ever need a break, come hang out with me!!! Love you! So proud of you for getting that master's degree. Go you!!