Saturday, August 4, 2012

the ridiculous thing

It is getting bad.  I have been getting as much Olympic action as possible, even though I have a strict school night bedtime.  When I do watch I cannot even get through one event without provoking some American pride tears.  I have teared up during every single singing of the National Anthem.  I have also had tears in my eye each time the athletes come out on the court, track, mat, or course to compete.  It is so bad that I can't even watch the little athlete spotlights that they constantly do.  Those are geared to make people cry, and I am a sucker for athletes conquering unthinkable obstacles to perform.  Is it my age?  Is it my American pride?  Am I just a wuss these days?  Who knows.  All I know is that each time I see those beautiful Stars and Stripes wrapped around somebody's back I die.  


Happy Olympics

1 comment:

McKenna said...

Definitely one of my favorite things about you: your American pride. I too love the Olympics and feel like such a patriot these days, you however, will always be the ultimate patriot!