Friday, October 12, 2012

the break of fall

I have caught my breath, taken some naps, finished another class, taught intersession, taken some long runs, and stayed up late.  I have really really enjoyed this new intersession schedule that the district started.  Not only did I make a little extra money from teaching intersession, but I recharged my batteries and enjoyed the last days of warm weather.  The weather has literally transitioned from summer to fall right before our eyes.  

I feel ready to start the second quarter on Monday.  Truthfully, I'm excited about it because I love my job.  We are starting the persuasive writing unit, which students seem to enjoy.  On the topic of school, can we please talk about how awkward it is that my junior high kids will have to know I'm pregnant one day soon?  I'm not announcing it.  I figure they can figure it out as they see me growing the wide way.  When it does get mentioned-it will-I will be nonchalant and casually say yes, I am.  nothing more.  not looking forward to that awkward day.  

Some of the highlights from the 2 week break include:

--a massage (funny story on this one)
--the skyride
--EL RANCHO
--Breast Cancer Support Group 10k (tomorrow, but I already know it will be a highlight)
--Schnepf Farm
--running 400m repeats with decent times
--starting a baby blanket 


2 comments:

McKenna said...

Sounds like you had an awesome and incredibly productive break! Baby blanket? Can't wait to see said blanket!

Kayla said...

I'm so glad i'm not the only one who finds "announcing" super DUPER awkward. In fact, I had planned to just let the thing pop out without really mentioning it to anyone until I needed to explain how I just tossed my cookies in front of them and yet assured them that I am not contagious. And as for the running, Leah ran almost her whole pregnancy. Only you can feel what you are feeling and you'll know if you need to tone it down. Tell any judges to find something better to do with their time. :)