Sunday, October 14, 2012

the hero in the family

Let's talk about my momma.  We are celebrating another year of remission from the cancer that shook all of us up.  

On Saturday I got to do what I love in honor of the best hero/survivor I know.  Kimmy, Tete, Jason, and I ran the 10k Breast Cancer Support Group race in our hometown.  The proceeds go towards the cancer group my mom has been part of for many years.  Not only that, she walks the 10k.  We are all out there together on the course celebrating the fact that she fought it and overcame it.  

Usually when I go to a race it is all about me.  Mile times, pacing, the right gear, knowing the course, blah blah blah.  This time it was all about my mom.  After Kimmy and I finished we went out on the course and found my mom.  We finished the race with her.  

In summary, this fancy lady is the most amazing person I have ever met.  She boggles my mind.  I don't know how she does what she does-I didn't know how she did it when she fought cancer.  Amazing I tell you.  

Cheers  

2 comments:

Kerri said...

she is a fighter. i'm happy to hear she is celebrating another year of remission!

Jamie Hays said...

I just caught up on your blog! Congrats Larissa! I Love your posts about your little baby! And I love that you are running while you are pregs. I did it too and felt great.
P.S. I have a feeling its a boy. The orange cravings happened to me too! (but only with the boys!) :)