Sunday, December 2, 2012

the tree

I was against getting a tree this year.  There were many reasons why.  Jason never agreed with me.  Despite my Scroogeness, today we decorated a tree together.  Branch by branch, ornament by ornament, we built something beautiful together.  The more ornaments that went up, the more I realized that we did indeed need a tree in our home.  

What more can I say?  That familiar Christmas spirit is back into our hearts.  It feels so good.  

Jason had a rough week.  His cornea transplant has taken a turn for the worst.  His vision is the worst it has ever been.  At this point we do not know if he will be able to keep the transplant.  On top of this, there are other challenges, however, he is still the guy that whistles and sings as he goes about his business.  He still takes care of my little needs, pregnancy or otherwise.  

Decorating this obviously impressive tree was a big huge reminder to me that I need to be more like him.  Optimistic, outgoing, and stress free despite challenges in the path.  

Thanks love.  You make it feel like Christmas. 

No comments: