Friday, March 29, 2013

the opportunity

An opportunity has opened up to me that I had to pursue. 
Remember how I talk about my graduate degree and becoming an administrator on a daily basis?  Remember how I said my dream has always been to be a principal?  This dream spans back to a time before I even had a college degree.  
credit

Next school year I will be working as an academic coach for my school district.  The position is an administrative role that focuses on improving classroom instruction, strategies, and assessment.  In other words, I will help teachers become more effective teachers.  

I will miss my junior high position more than words can describe.  I go to work every day with a smile on my face.  I am one of the few that can say that I love my job.  However, when an opportunity aligns with your goals, you have to jump on it.  

This new position will bring on a much larger responsibility.  My evaluation is directly tied to the school's assessment scores.  I will be responsible to lead, support, advise, and collaborate with educators across the curriculum and content.  I would like to think of it as a proving ground for becoming the administrator that does the job right. 

Cheers to added blessings and opportunities in our lives!



1 comment:

McKenna Coleman said...

That is fabulous! Congratulations Larissa!!! I am so excited for you and know you will be such a good coach. If I was in the classroom I would feel like I was in such good hands knowing I had you to turn to.