Monday, July 1, 2013

the new things

14 days.  That is the number of days I have left.  
My new job as an academic coach begins on July 15. 

In so many ways it is exciting because it is a step in the direction I have been heading for many years.  I am actually doing it.  One step closer to becoming a school administrator.  I would be lying if I said I wasn't nervous.  Because this is a new position, there are many undefined areas of my job description.  Much of what I will be doing is dependent on the work I put into the role.  That is both exciting and nerve racking. 

The first big hurdle I have ahead of me is new teacher training.  I will be spearheading much of the training and meetings that the new teachers will be participating in as they begin this school year.  

There is a part of me that is sad.  I am not getting a roster of students this year.  Those fun, hilarious, crazy, stressful, and memorable moments of a classroom won't be the norm this year. I'll have to find other ways to make sure I am finding joy in my job.  

And let's talk about the huge elephant in the room.  Baby Callum.  Oh how I love that precious little baby.  I don't feel guilty about being a working mom.  What I do feel is more purpose in my work and contribution to our family.  What I do feel is that saying goodbye every day will be pretty tough.  

I know that it is going to be a little harder these days.  Pumping everyday at work will not be fun, but you do what is best for your kid.  Cutting back on coaching and some of my own fitness endeavors will be tough too.  However, he comes first.  Having said that-you bet your boots I will be out at dark thirty every  morning before work running.  That will never go away. 

In summary, where much is given much is required.  That applies to every aspect of my life.  

No comments: