Tuesday, December 17, 2013

the seventh month

Crawling.  This is the one word I would use to describe his seventh month.  While I was away running a 6 miler, Callum crawled around our living room much to dad's delight.  

I was thrilled to hear the news upon coming home from the run but secretly crushed that I happened to be gone during the 45 minutes that Callum crawled for the first time. 

I would characterize Callum's crawl by saying it is a downward dog to a plank to a child's pose movement that demonstrates his arm and core strength.  


Other notable memories during his seventh month include a week long trip to Phoenix and Tucson.  Callum and Jason enjoyed relaxing poolside while I took part in a qualified evaluator training and an English language learner conference.  During the trip we captured some neat Christmas photos of Callum, as evidenced below.  








I also want to make mention of Callum's new need to be held by his mom.  I think it may have something to do with the fact that I say goodbye to him five days a week.  He is constantly clingy and fussy for me when I am in the room.  He does not seem to do it for Jason.  

He plays extremely well with Jason.  Jason shows him the joys of the rough tough boy play that only a boy knows.  They are buddies.  

Callum has taken a liking to bath time.  He seems to enjoy the discovery that the higher he raises his legs, the faster they will fall to the bath water, which in turn makes a solid splash.  I am proud to say that he loves listening to stories.  His two favorite titles are "That's not my Monster"  and "The Hungry Caterpillar."  The teacher in me is so thrilled that he likes stories.  


Independent play has also been greatly enhanced after Callum discovered his ability to move.  He seems to have discovered more objects to study, grab, and eat as a result of his mobility.  






No comments: