Tuesday, December 30, 2014

the kaimoana

Out of duty of being a good wife, I joined Jason on his sea fishing trip.  We launched the boat off of Port Albert--just a few minutes from the house.  I was recovering from a terrible 24 hour bug that caught me in my tracks after visiting Bland Bay.  Again, I went along despite feeling sick because I knew Jason really wanted to have this experience.  

As soon as the boat got out I knew I was in for a treat.  I am such a sucker for devouring the coast and coves of the North Island.  

This was my second time ever fishing on the sea, and I was all game this time.  I baited my own hook with squid.  I caught several kowai within minutes of lowering the anchor.  We spent several hours out on the sea, and the truth is that I loved every minute.  One highlight was when Jason's dad caught a large shark.  He was annoyed because they are rubbish to eat, but I thought it was so cool to see one live.   I was sad when Jason's dad said bring the lines in.  

Not to be all lovey dovey, but it was quite nice to have some time with Jason.  Callum stayed behind with Nana, and we enjoyed just being together.  












No comments: