Sunday, August 23, 2015

the new school year

I am now 6 weeks into my third school year as an academic coach!  What a difference experience makes.  I feel like I know what to do and how to do it effectively.  I feel like I've created the trust and rapport in my buildings for my colleagues to reach out to me.  That's half the battle in this job!!  As much as I really enjoy my work, I can also say that I have my fair share of trials and frustrations.  This year I'm finding that I have to stay positive.  I'm having to go out of my comfort zone to make sure that my personal feelings on something aren't impacting my work.  Relationships with colleagues is always a delicate balance.  This is the most weighty matter on my mind.  I try to put a ton of time and energy in that.  However, what do you do if you don't like someone you work with?  It's a hard one.  If you figure it out, let me know. 

In addition to school, our busy life continues to go forward.  

Callum
He knows 10 shapes.  He can identify upper and lower case letters-all 26.  He knows his numbers to 12-and a few randoms like 18 and 84.  He knows the colors of the rainbow.

He does a great job of recognizing numbers and letters in every day life.  He has some work to do in recognizing shapes within every day items.  

He does not want to be potty trained.  I keep trying.  He keeps refusing.  I'm stumped!

He uses complete sentences and drinks out of a big boy cup.  

Jason
Starts the 3rd semester of nursing school this week

Is enjoying the fruits of a gym membership

Looking forward to a visit from his parents in November

Serving as the Gospel Doctrine Teacher

Larissa
as stated above

Running a Half in October

Listening to audiobooks while running

Serving as the YW President


No comments: