Thursday, December 31, 2015

2016 jumpstart

I'm not one to make hasty resolutions.  I do enjoy setting goals and seeing them through.  Proof of this can be found in my running endeavors.  If I say I'm going to run a certain race or accomplish a certain time, I do it.  I also enjoy applying this to other tasks.  

Here is what I plan to do within the first 30 days of 2016. 

1.  Exercise-30 minutes of something.  Usually I'd be more specific.  The truth is that I'm transitioning to lower impact and better suited activities for the third trimester.  My plan is to continue running at short distances, weight lifting, and yoga.  The two things I see myself adding in the last stretch of pregnancy are swimming and walking.  My target is to continue 5 days of exercise with my usual rest on Sunday.  A sixth day is optional-depending on how I feel and what's going on I can use this for a rest day or bonus day.  This is what I'm already implementing, and it's working great.  

2.  This one will be tough.  I want to cut out processed sugar for 30 days.  I've done it tons of times but not recently.  I also see it being more difficult this time because I've really let myself eat treats without any regulation during pregnancy.  It will be tough but rewarding to make a big change like this.  This one includes cutting out any sugary treats such as chocolates and granola bars with added sugar.  

3.  This school year I've done mostly well to read my scriptures right when I wake up and before I workout.  This routine has become a neat thing and has also led me to think about what I read while working out.  I would like to continue this trend--still needs some improvement--by omitting to the 30 days of continuous scripture reading.  That is where I fall short.  On days that I don't work out I'm not as likely to read.  

A few other things on my mind for this year include...

  • getting my dad's temple work done
  • having a natural birth again 
  • getting through breastfeeding in the beginning (heaven knows it is tough but worth it)
  • taking at least 4 weeks to heal and recover from birth then return to running
  • Decide and commit to a full marathon (Phoenix again?  or one I haven't done?)
  • Jason graduating from nursing school!  

No comments: