Sunday, December 27, 2015

the Christmas at home

We had a quiet Christmas in our home this year.  Truth be told, I wouldn't have wanted to be anywhere else.  In the back of all our minds is the giant hole in our heart with my dad not being here.  There was a bit of gloom among the excitement and cheer.  

The talent show went on as always.  After all, he is the reason we have this great tradition.  Christmas dinner spaghetti was tastier than I had remembered in many years.  I can't help but wonder if he was somehow helping mom make it just right.  

We bought Callum a good number of presents.  After he saw his cute little cars and trains, he didn't care about any other presents.  His T cousins ended up opening most of his presents for him.  

Kimmy, Tatey, and I went for our obligatory run.  To our surprise, there were flurries all around.  








No comments: