Thursday, September 14, 2017

the postpartum recovery

It's day 15 of my postpartum recovery.  I've gotta say this one has been way easier in some ways and way different in other ways.  
Transitioning to breastfeeding was definitely hardest with Callum.  This transition has been what you would expect though I do believe that it's easier to get through when you know what to expect.  The thing that has really been my struggle with this one is the amount of bleeding.  It's day 15 and I still am seeing bright red blood.  I tried walking a mile the last two days and had an increase in bright red blood both times.  With my other two deliveries, I found that I was able to walk and workout lightly by about day 12.  
Of course the other big difference is that I have two kids counting on me.  I don't think I'm nearly as tired as I was with the other two deliveries, however, I found myself feeling overwhelmed about meeting everyone's needs.  

Jason has been a huge support.  I'm grateful for his support, love, and patience.  He just gets that it's hard and jumps in to help.  

I'm dreaming of the day I can go running.  That first run after pregnancy is exciting, scary, and painful all at the same time, and I can't wait for it!


No comments: